Real name: Jonathan Lewis Seward
Date of birth: November 18th 1984
Position in band: Bass player
- Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling Bass
- Gallien Krueger 4×12 Neo
- Gallien Krueger 2001 RB Head
- Ernie Ball 2831 Power Slinky Bass Strings
- uses distortion from 2001rb head
Very little is known and posted onlne about Johnny’s life before the band and personal life. This is the reason why his biography is not as complete as the others. As more information becomes available, more information will be added.
Childhood and Family
Johnny’s family is Polish. For those of you who have confused him with Johnny Gera, who is really Syn’s step-brother, you are wrong. Sorry.
Music and Playing Bass
Joined Avenged Sevenfold in 2002 at the age of 18. He started playing for the band when they had problems with their last bassist and the band was still on tour. Johnny left school for about two weeks before the band asked him to stay on and be their bassist.
When the band was practicing in Matt’s parents garage, Johnny would walk down the street and tell them that their bassist was no good and that they should let him play with them instead.
Johnny has apparently known Jimmy since he was in kindergarten.
His two biggest influences are Cliff Burton (now deceased bassist for Metallica) and Duff MacKagan (the bassist from Velvet Revolver and formely Guns N Roses). The person that inspired him the most to pick up a bass was Les Claypool, the bassist and vocalist from Primus.
- His first tattoo was based off of “The Raven” by Edgar Allan Poe, it’s of a raven in a tree. The artist that did the tattoo wanted to make sure that the branches of the tree looked like flames
- A skull cowboy on his neck
- The rest of his tattoos on his arm are from the old horror movies
- Lady Dracula
- Mr. Hyde
- The Wolfman
- Doesn’t like to impress anybody
- The band keeps a close eye on him and his self damaging habits out of fear of what could happen
- Roughly 5’6” tall